Last Updated: February 19, 2021
- ‘Non-personal data“ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- “Personal data“ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal Data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, Personal Data is broader in scope and covers more data.
- A “visitor” is someone who merely browses our website. A “user” is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and products.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our website. We normally collect personal data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal data about you to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our website and communicate with you as necessary to provide our products and services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest. These legitimate interests include, for example, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
We Collect Your Personal Data in the Following Ways
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may include the name of the website from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website you’ll visit when you leave our website, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our website.
WHEN ENTERING AND USING OUR WEBSITE
When you enter and use our website you accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your Personal Data. A cookie is a small piece of data or a text file that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you access certain websites. Cookies may contain text that can be read by the web server that delivered the cookie to you. The text contained in the cookie generally consists of a sequence of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device; it may contain other information as well.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our website
- Our website analytics
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests
- Allowing you to post comments
- Allowing you to share content with social networks
DO NOT TRACK SETTINGS
You may modify and control how and when cookies are set through your browser settings. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our website may not work properly, and you may be unable to use some of our services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain Personal Data that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our product or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the data. We will delete this data from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in "Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing Your Personal Data" below.
REVIEWING, CORRECTING, AND REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Upon request Cutting Edge Communications will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. If you provide us with your Personal Data, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Cutting Edge Communications or third parties
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail to Cutting Edge Communications, Inc., 19744 Beach Blvd., #310, Huntington Beach, CA 92648 USA, Attn: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within 30 days. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
OUR SECURITY POLICY
We have built our website and products using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your Personal Data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data. We also periodically monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, consistent with industry standards. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your Personal Data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Cutting Edge Communications website users, if any, are not encrypted, so you should not communicate any confidential information through these means.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this privacy notice.